This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Campbell North Ltd.
Campbell North Ltd, We Work No 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ is the Data Controller for the purposes of this Privacy Notice.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. Currently, the Data Protection Act 1998 applies. With effect from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) will come into force.
The information we may collect
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
- Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- CV and work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Any other work-related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
- Information in respect to individuals that have worked with us previously or may work for us is as follows:
- In some cases, permits and visas
- National insurance number
- Full details of job offers and placements
- Outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain roles
- In certain cases, medical information
- Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data, pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
Where we collect your information from
The following are the different sources from which we may collect personal data about you:
- Directly from you
- From an agent or third party acting on your behalf
- Through publicly available sources (including LinkedIn or Company websites)
- By Reference or word of mouth
- Industry events
How we use the information
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as a recruitment agency, to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below.
The information under (1) above may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
- To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- To keep you informed of the services offered by us
The information under (2) above may be used as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
How we hold the information
We use reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Data from theft, unauthorised use, disclosure, or modification. We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your Personal Data.
How we share your information
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients in accordance with your specific instructions. Once you have secured a placement, additional information may be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located inside the European Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
We will rely on your consent to process the information which is collected at the outset of the recruitment process.
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the circumstances but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or where consent has been obtained, if required.
Information in relation to criminal record checks, which may be relevant for some roles, will be processed on the basis that it is necessary for us to comply with the law or consent will be obtained, if required.
Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, potentially including financial information, for the purpose of you entering into a contract to fulfil your role.
We may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interest, in that we require the information to assess your suitably for potential roles with our client firms and to deliver our services to you as a candidate of Campbell North.
Accuracy of your data
We take every effort to ensure that your data is accurate and up to date by maintaining a regular dialogue with you as a candidate of Campbell North. Should you wish to inform us directly of any changes in your data or circumstances, please contact your consultant or email email@example.com
You currently have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. At this time, we have the right to charge an administration fee for this service. When the GDPR comes into force, we will no longer have the right to charge a fee. If you would like to make a request for information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to this right of access, when the GDPR comes into force, you will also have the following rights:
- Erasure – You may request that we delete your data from our records
- Restriction of processing – You may request that we specifically restrict the use of your data
- Objection – You may object to us holding and processing your data
- Data portability – You may request that we provide you with a transferable copy of your data
Should you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please email: email@example.com
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to email@example.com.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time. An up to date copy of our Privacy Notice will be maintained on our website www.campbell-north.com/privacynotice