Equities Systematic Trading Developer/Strategist - business reporting role with comp to match - Java, e-trading, equities.
My client is looking for an outstanding business focused developer to work within a small and highly focused team working alongside a small but highly skills team of great technoloists adn systematic trading quants. The team has grown from some of the top performing people in systematic trading and offers a wealth of experience and expertise from high performing hedge funds and investment banking teams.
This role will suit a technologist who is currently working within an electronic trading environment within an investment bank or hedge fund, however is looking to make a move to a more business critical environment with closer interaction with traders and the opportunity to develop, backtest and implement your own strategies
The team offers a unique and dynamic working and technical environment using traditional high performanc Java technologies as well as Kdb and some functional programming.
Whilst this position sits within the strat team with all teh benefits of being business reporting, it is a very technical programming position and the successful candidate will have to have very strong technical skills (java primarily with some KdB). It will suit someone who has worked closely with quant traders in the past (probably on the buyside or in a prop trading team) and wants to move towards a research role.
- Exceptional OO programming in Java
- Exposure to Low Latency, highly distributed computing and optimisation processes will see immediate interest
- Previous experience within High Frequency or Electronic Trading environments
- Equity knowledge preferred (however will look at other asset classes)
- Regular front office interaction with Traders/quant traders/quants
- Ability and genuine interest in the wider trading world and want to have a real input to PnL and Strategy
- Very competitive compensation package
- High bonus based on individual and team performance
- Business reporting role and bonus structure
- Team is based in London and New York, with no outsourcing projects to other locations
- Flat and open management structure with no bureaucracy
- Ability to combine technology with quantitated strategies
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, but would just like to have a confidential discussion about this and similar roles then please send your CV and short covering email to email@example.com to arrange a time to speak.