Polyglot API Tech Lead Opportunity @ Leading Name in British Retail!!
A key client of ours, one of the UK’s leading names in British retail, are searching for experienced Polyglot Engineers to join their London based development team to work on the build of a range 100% Greenfield APIs that are to be used across various platforms throughout their business.
The successful candidate will be working on platforms that are used by tens of millions of customers across the both the UK and worldwide on a daily basis. The firm are looking to become just as well-known and respected for their tech as they are their high quality goods and wares.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a household name in a key, high profile, role that provides the opportunity to drive the architectural decision making and direction of these new APIs and platforms.
On the technical front due to the vast nature of the company and systems deployed the firm are looking for a true polyglot, someone who is a firm advocate of using the right tool for the job and is able to demonstrate mastery of a range of OO languages and web technologies across the full stack.
Previous experience of leading builds of complex web systems from inception through to completion is an absolute prerequisite. Candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the gravitas to both inspire team members and help business stakeholders to understand problem statements and define solutions.
This Tech Lead position will be roughly 70:30 split between coding versus other responsibilities and will initially see you leading a team of 3-5 engineers with the view of helping to build out this team around you over the coming years.
The current set up sees the development team split into agile, cross-functional teams. The firm are the first to admit that they have a long way to go on their agile journey and this role would be a driving force in that change. They have already hired from some of London’s hottest tech start ups such as TransferWise, Government Digital Service (GDS) and Reevoo to name a few…
In return the firm offer a truly excellent working environment with 20% of time dedicated to working on personal projects, on-site tech talks from some of the leading names in design, development and product, subsidised meals and snacks and a comprehensive full benefits package.
- Object oriented programming, preferably .Net but open
- Sound knowledge of building Restful APIs
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Relational databases and SQL
- Document databases and MongoDB
- Mastery of modern engineering practices including TDD, BDD, SOLID and pair programming
- Experience of Agile practices, particularly SCRUM or Kanban and Continuous Integration
- Technical documentation, e.g. detailed design documents, architecture diagrams
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in an agile environment
- At least 12 months experience as a hands-on team lead of an Agile team
- Mentoring/coaching junior members of the team
- Source control (preferably GIT)
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Integration (set-up and configuration)
- Grunt or similar
Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or Heroku
Fully Responsive design
Native mobile development (IOS or Android)
Stakeholder engagement experience
Line management experience
Please mail CV direct to email@example.com or call 02030063629 for more information